Monday, May 16, 2011

Oprah's Master Class

As Oprah's show is coming to a close, I have to remind myself that change is good. I've always thought of myself as someone who likes change, but I realize I only like it when I can control it. I can get stuck in patterns and routines and fail to see the possibilities in life.  I want to learn and grow and not be rigid in my thinking and routines.  Some routine in life is good, but not when it keeps me from experiencing new things.  I recently watched Oprah's story on her show Master Class.  She said, "Life is about growth and change.  When you are no longer doing that, that is your whisper you are supposed to be doing something else."  After producing her show for 25 years she felt it was time to move on.

I recently changed my surroundings by moving some of my furniture around. Looking at the same things in my home day after day can make me feel stuck. Call me crazy, but I like to switch things up every now and then to breathe new life into my home. I'm also working on changing my negative thought patterns.  In terms of growth I'm studying scripture with a Bible Study group which is something I thought I'd never do. I'm learning a lot and it has helped me grow spiritually. I'm also pursuing some hobbies that interest me and have taken a few classes on subjects which are new to me. This summer I plan to start drum lessons. I often wait for that perfect moment to try new things.  The thing is, there is no such thing as the perfect time.  The time is NOW.  What are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment